• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  won't let it go down until we torch it ourselves
    Leilan
    She is kind, this girl, he thinks - definitely something from her mother’s side. Even if he could attempt to understand why she was here, a reminder of something lost yet he was unable to blame her for it - it was them, the kelpie and the spotted mare herself, who were to blame - he doesn’t want to know.

So the thought, the information, gets pushed out in hopes it won’t come back to haunt him.

In fact, it becomes easier to focus on the now of the moment, when the conversation continues to safer topics. ”Fire dragons - the first dragon of Beqanna that I know of, is one of those. Unfortunately he’s also responsible for... this. Lost his mind or so I was told.” he nods to the burnt forest in the corner of their vision, indicates the soot-black glass on the shore. ”We’ve had enough winters to cover most of it in snow and ice once more, but the forest needs more time. Plus side is we’ve got a very pretty blue-flaming tree up north. Some fairy magic involved, I suspect.” His shoulders move in a dismissive motion, however. ”The sky is a light show each night. Aurora Borealis it’s called. The North’s very own special kind of dawn - at midnight.” He grins a bit, his claws taking the more definite form of hooves. ”Feel free to explore, young miss. And let me know if you need anything else.” With that, he takes a few steps back, sprouting the wings he needs to carry him away on his expanded rounds - now over Taiga and Nerine as well. It’s been a meeting worth remembering, but right now, he’d honestly rather take his mind off of it. Wallowing never did him, or anyone, any good.
    I am the dragon
    and you call me insane

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[Lumina] a closer post <3
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: won't let it go down until we torch it ourselves - by Leilan - 09-06-2020, 03:35 AM