• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when we were young and free
    i've been sleeping so long in a twenty-year dark night
    and now i see daylight
    When Anonya had left her here, Narya had tried to follow her mother, her doe-like eyes large and glimmering with tears that gathered on the rims. “Please don’t go,” she had pleaded with her softly, and the smile that her mother had given her was a sympathetic one. “You will be fine, Narya,” the pale mare had whispered as she pressed another kiss to her forehead, “I want you to make friends your own age, and that isn’t going to happen if you’re just with me all the time. I promise I will be back for you before dusk.” She wilted a little at the fact her mother was not budging on this, but the promise of her coming back was enough to make her reluctantly agree.

She was too young to know all the ways her mother’s heart was broken, and too young to know that Anonya was afraid her sorrow was going to bleed all over her young daughter. Trying not to feel abandoned she had turned away from her mother’s retreating form, and stared hesitantly at this new place.

Moving away from the clearing where most of them gathered she began to wander through the thickets of trees, doing her best to stop checking to see where the sun was at in the sky – secretly begging it to lower just a little faster. When she hears a voice whisper a name she startles sideways, accidentally squealing outloud in alarm. Her heart hammering in her small chest she turns to find a dark filly, and with her eyes wide she manages to stammer, “I’m sorry, I….I didn’t know anyone else was here.” Her cheeks feel hot, both from embarrassment at being scared and from the fear itself. “I’m Narya,” she offers her, and she’s not sure why, maybe just out of desperation to move past the fact she had been frightened by someone’s voice.
    narya

@[Avelina]

Messages In This Thread
    when we were young and free - by Avelina - 08-03-2020, 12:08 PM
    RE: when we were young and free - by Narya - 09-13-2020, 03:56 PM
    RE: when we were young and free - by Avelina - 09-27-2020, 07:21 PM
    RE: when we were young and free - by Narya - 10-12-2020, 01:09 AM