• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart is a church of scars // Llorona, any
    Time is a slippery thing, anymore.

I remember the cold, and how it made me desperate to be touched. To be made warm by another's caress. Hot skin, hot breath, hot eyes. He was so warm. So very warm. It almost made the pain in my chest worth it. Almost made the voices quiet, for a while. Then he left, and I grew cold again. Inside and out while the winter seeped through my bones and the leaves blocked out the sun. 

One day I woke up and my belly was huge. Rounded where a sleeping thing hid, and I panicked. Pregnant. When did I become pregnant? Had some monster come while I slept and embedded itself within me? Horrifying possibilities spun in my head while the Voices cackled. My wounded breast throbbed with hard-pounding blood, freshening the dark stains on my skin. No no no no, not again. Not again. 

The sky lightened. Warm sun that I can barely feel touches my back while I groan in misery. When did I become pregnant? What sort of child will this be when I'm through? I stain the earth with more of my blood, a wash of it that leaves me weak and raw. With my eyes rolled back in my skull, sparks flash in my sight when the pressure gets too much. A scream as old as time itself wrenches through me, and then I'm spent. 

"Where did you come from?" I ask. Again. I blink mistrustful at the down-coated girl in the edge of my sight. She's black and white and eerily familiar, but I can't put a name to the face. Something about her worries me, and I feel the presence of another. The weight of something or someone unseen. "It isn't safe here..." I mutter to myself. "It isn't safe." My ragged wings flutter anxiously by my sides as I move away from the clearing, only half expecting the phantom girl to follow.

@[Llorona]

Messages In This Thread
    My heart is a church of scars // Llorona, any - by Sabra - 07-27-2020, 11:35 AM