• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the stars never rise, mals
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    Maleficar has shared secrets with the sea and the jungle alike, serving as an apprentice to this world and the next to hone his skills. He has reserved his power entirely to himself. This world had no honest need for him to skim across the limits of his strength, but his sisters seem inclined to answer this call just the same. He watches them closely. The thread that connected them had tugged them back here just as it had alerted him of their approach. They all fit into place as though the sisters never left.

Yadigar tilts his head as he observes the contented smile across the male witch’s face when the other two touch his neck. The scrying eye breathes to life and the milky cloud clears to foretell the hundred possible futures between the four of them - hurricanes, walls of fire, an earth split in two. The imagery makes his breath catch in his throat.

But Maleficente’s words ground him, bring him back to the here and now.

Maleficar narrows his eyes as he sizes up the young prince before meeting his sisters’ gazes.

I know. I offer it because the service I require is great,” he explains in a voice that, to his surprise, does not waver. “Tear down the walls guarding the north. Then, my brother and I will lay waste to it all.

And then he falls silent. All that he can do now is watch the outlines of their face and wonder what thoughts cross their minds. Seconds tick by in hollow eternities. He swallows the lump in his throat and hopes that Breach is safe.

“A forest once burned will regrow twice as tall,” Maleficar says at last. The trees branches all sway in some unfelt wind as the jungle mumbles encrypted words in his ear, though he offers it no reply.

@[Maleficente / Malefica]

Messages In This Thread
    the stars never rise, mals - by yadigar - 07-28-2020, 12:46 PM
    RE: the stars never rise, mals - by yadigar - 08-17-2020, 11:21 PM