• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  only so far that new money goes

Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength
    which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

"Well,” Tarian starts as he stares down to the face of the grimacing dun, "now I’ve been warned.”

He might have even bantered more if she hadn’t been staring so intently up at him. Her silver-eyes narrow for a moment, revealing cobwebbing that peeks from underneath her ombre forelock. His eyes (a vibrant, proud shade of Legacy blue) linger there before coming to rest on the sea-storm gaze that she sweeps him up in.

Whatever she is looking for, she clearly doesn’t find it and dismisses it with a shake of her golden head. And that’s fine with Tarian. He has never considered himself a ‘lost’ thing; he is not someone who needs to be found. He just needs water, rest, and perhaps the chance to align himself with a kingdom again.

(And a bath. Tarian has always found satisfaction in keeping his silver coat clean. The dust has started to cling to the edges of his pale feathers and work its way into his hide - making some parts a rather unfortunate shade of orange.)

Tarian follows their conversation, somewhat unsure of this Loessian guard. Unsure of many things until he tells her one thing that he can sure of, her name: Lepis. Not guard but Queen, she corrects him. Of all the brilliant things.. Tarian thinks. Crashland in a kingdom and then gibe their Monarch.

This is why you have always stuck with the warring, he chides himself.

"Tarian,” the taller stallion states, pushing the thought away.

"Queens?” he finds himself asking, curious. That bit of gossip hadn't been mentioned in the Common Lands. "Is your kingdom weighted with so many burdens that it needs to be held up by multiple shoulders?” (Perhaps it would have been best not to have said anything about it at all but that has never been his way.) Reminding himself that @[Lepis] has asked a question first, the pegasus shows his respect by answering, "I was told that there was a colony of pegasi in Loess and I came to find out for myself if it was true. What better way to learn about a kingdom than from its leader?”

There is grace when she finally moves towards the spring and Tarian can feel the desire for water well up in his soul. He follows her quickly and answers her second question even quicker, without realizing that might it not have been the something that she had intended. Tarian answers her, instead, in his own efficient way. "I am the son of Malachi, who was the son of Valerio, who is the son of Ichiro. And so my blood blows back to the time of Legado.”

The silver stallion glances back down to her, "And what about yourself?"

TARIAN

Messages In This Thread
    only so far that new money goes - by Tarian - 07-30-2020, 09:46 PM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Lepis - 08-06-2020, 07:38 PM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Tarian - 08-07-2020, 11:58 AM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Lepis - 08-07-2020, 10:51 PM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Tarian - 08-08-2020, 12:21 PM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Lepis - 08-09-2020, 09:35 AM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Tarian - 08-12-2020, 09:12 PM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Lepis - 08-26-2020, 06:53 AM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Tarian - 08-29-2020, 12:55 AM