• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  only so far that new money goes
    l e p i s
    gave me the blues and then purple pink skies
    Though its growth has been stifled by small and fearful minds, Lepis’ pride in her southern empire remains. There will be time in the future, she knows. Even if it is a future that she will not see.

She has faith in Oceane, after all, and so she nods when he questions it and briefly wonders where he had heard if before. She considers asking, and decides against it as they continue walking. Instead, she leads the way to the shallow spring and flicks back one blue-rimmed ear to catch his question.

One thing? She thinks, and nearly asks if he is in some sort of hurry, having so recently arrived. But that would be friendly, and Lepis is not always given to friendliness, even with handsome strangers. So instead she reflects for a moment, having snagged a mouthful of clover on their walk.

“Freedom.” The dun mare replies. “I would say ‘home’, but that feels a little dull. But freedom, I think, covers it.” It covers a great many things, Lepis finds, and not all of them are comfortable to reflect on, so instead she distracts herself with a drink.

The grey stallion, his wings now dripping with water, speaks of the sky, and Lepis’ faded smile brightens. “We are in agreement there,” she replies, glancing overhead at the clear sky. “This place is made for our kind, I often think. I used to ask my mother why she left Taiga for these red hills, but now that I am older I understand. There is no room in Taiga for those of us with wings.”

@[Tarian]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    only so far that new money goes - by Tarian - 07-30-2020, 09:46 PM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Lepis - 08-06-2020, 07:38 PM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Tarian - 08-07-2020, 11:58 AM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Lepis - 08-07-2020, 10:51 PM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Tarian - 08-08-2020, 12:21 PM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Lepis - 08-09-2020, 09:35 AM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Tarian - 08-12-2020, 09:12 PM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Lepis - 08-26-2020, 06:53 AM
    RE: only so far that new money goes - by Tarian - 08-29-2020, 12:55 AM