• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it was not your fault but mine
    Aedan can see the clearly wet wings, though he can’t really sympathize. He has no wings and so he cannot understand what it is like. He does not even know what it is like to fly, though perhaps he could learn the joys. There is a way, though his power would be far too useless during the day. It would only be at night that he could use his traits to lift him into the air, and perhaps he ought to figure it out. Not because he cares to travel faster from one place to the next (after all, the journey is the most fun part), but rather to fly with Vita. That is not a thing they have ever done, but he has not yet quite figured out just what his power can do. He has only discovered bits of it.

The pegasus falls into step with him easily enough, offering an answer to his question. ”I have never visited there,” he says, the conversation flowing easily. Aedan has visited many places, though most have been outside of Beqanna. Still, he’d been an explorer in his younger days, a thing he’d lost as he’d grown (though perhaps now would refind). ”What is it like there?”

Nashua gives a name and his own question. ”I was raised in Tephra. A lovely place, but never quite home. I was seeking a place that actually felt like home and came to visit. My wife,” (the word still feels strange to him; perhaps it always will), ”ended up giving birth here before we could make a decision. So at least for now, it seems we will not be leaving.” Perhaps there would be a time when they decided to go elsewhere, but this did not seem like a bad place to live or raise a family.

aedan

the night is more alive and more
    richly colored than the day.

@[Nashua]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-07-2020, 02:04 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Aedan - 08-07-2020, 03:09 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-08-2020, 10:22 AM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Aedan - 08-13-2020, 07:39 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-15-2020, 07:04 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Aedan - 08-25-2020, 10:28 AM