• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it was not your fault but mine
    ”Ah,” he says, offering a sympathetic nod when Nash tells him of the dragon who burned (or really, perhaps mostly melted) a place made of ice. There is no pity though, because Aedan doesn’t necessarily do pity. Understanding, sympathy, but not pity. ”I gather the fey are well...fey. They have a purpose to serve, but one that we do not entirely understand.” His own parents had told him of their experience with the fey - something altogether different and yet...not. In the end, hadn’t the fairy sent his father to face the mess he had created? That seemed to be what they did. Made all the mortals see in ways they otherwise might not.

Sometimes it was not a pretty thing for those around them, though.

The topic drifts on to Taiga, and the mention of his stars makes him grin slightly. Aedan had no need for fairy magic, but he’d been gifted so much of the night that he could not ask for more from them. He did not need even, even if he was largely powerless during the day (he could pick at the shadows, but it wasn’t really the same). That did not bother him though. ”Sometimes I think I am little more than a spectacle. I find myself glad there are others even more strangely colored than I.” The tone of his voice is easy and casual though, carrying on conversation in a joking manner. It is clear being a bit of a spectacle did not bother him. He was a piece of the night, after all. A strange thing for an equine to be.

Aedan chuckles as the conversation continues. “I imagine being a man of snow would make it even harder to withstand the heat now. Perhaps that is a journey best left for the middle of a cold, winter night. I could climb the stars instead and hug the coolness of the evening to me.” He sounds just a bit wistful at the mention of the night. Though he was used to living during the daylight, as many did, he was often awake in the evenings as well, finding he’d nap instead when the days gave him pause. There was too much for him to love at night to waste the time, even if most did not enjoy it with him.

aedan

the night is more alive and more
    richly colored than the day.

@[Nashua]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-07-2020, 02:04 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Aedan - 08-07-2020, 03:09 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-08-2020, 10:22 AM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Aedan - 08-13-2020, 07:39 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-15-2020, 07:04 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Aedan - 08-25-2020, 10:28 AM