• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it was not your fault but mine
    Aedan chuckles at that. “Probably not,” he says with an amused grin. He has never made the trip to the Mountain, though he had no need of additional magic. In all reality, he barely scratched the surface of what he could do, usually doing little more than to call to the light of the stars in the evenings. What need does he have of yet more power?

They continue to walk and talk with ease, and Aedan finds he likes the young stallion. Not that Aedan dislikes most people, but he can appreciate some more than others. “If I could speak to the stars, I wonder what Polaris might say. How many stories could such a being tell us?” He can do many things, but speaking to stars is not one of them. It is entirely likely that stars cannot talk at all, that they are not sentient beings, but he likes to think of them as such. There is hardly anything wrong with a bit of fanciful thinking.

Aedan chuckles at the joke though. ”Perhaps Polaris just tells stories of how imbeciles manage to get lost despite his help.” A clear joke, and probably a bad one, but he really can’t help himself.

Nashua seems to light up at the next part though, alive with desire and dreams. Aedan grins slightly. ”There is far more than we can see. More stars, more planets, more galaxies. I cannot reach past the stars in our sky with my power, but I do know it is out there.” Around them, he lets darkness fall, calling to it subtly. He stops walking for a moment, the area around them turning pitch black, though in the distance the sun can still be seen. The night sky comes with a world of stars though, and if you imagine, you can imagine them stretching forever. Some might gleam brighter, a different color, planets that might house more life. Things they might never know. ”It is a beautiful thing, the night. It is a shame too many are afraid.”

aedan

the night is more alive and more
    richly colored than the day.

@[Nashua]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-07-2020, 02:04 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Aedan - 08-07-2020, 03:09 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-08-2020, 10:22 AM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Aedan - 08-13-2020, 07:39 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-15-2020, 07:04 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Aedan - 08-25-2020, 10:28 AM