• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

that hate in your heart has been branded by my name; laura

only silence remained, holding my breath in the dark; gasping for air with the lungs of a lark

The voices continue to whisper in the back of her mind.

Something familiar and alien all at once—so different from what it was like to be surrounded by the din of her family. It is quiet here and it feels as though the only thing she can feel at all is the sound of this voice—the one that rings in her mind. She wonders if she was making it up. If perhaps she had created this voice as something for herself—a gift, perhaps. Something to pass the time. Something of her own.

She sniffs the air again before she shifts into a small lizard, scurrying along the ground amongst the leaves and the brambles. I am out, this time, it is a more hesitant answer that she gives him in the whispers of her mind. Something that she cannot quite hold back. Would her mother find her, she wonders, if she finds the source of this voice and it was not as kind as she had hoped that it would be.

Would her father know where she had gone?

Such things melt away though when the voice rings out into the air.

The helplessness in it instantly grabs her, digs claws into an innocent and naive heart, and she shifts into her true self nearly instantly—unable to hold the form of the small creature. She stands on coltish legs, her green eyes peering into the shadows as her small wings fold over her back. She lifts a single leg as though to step more confidently forward before she plants the opal into the ground once more.

After all, she still had no idea which direction to go.

“You don’t have to be alone,” she whispers.

aero

hello remember me?

@[Molech]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: that hate in your heart has been branded by my name; laura - by aero - 10-09-2020, 01:26 AM