• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shot in the dark and right at my throat
    Leilan
    The autumn colours don’t reach Nerine, or in fact the Isle, so much as they do Taiga. The redwoods have a different canopy from above now than a few weeks back; out here, the pine trees do not show much of a difference. The north changes little in autumn, except for the breezes that catch the two of them now. The red mare is also autumn-colored, he muses (he’d always consider himself that way too, though lately he is more the embodiment of winter); he throws a glance her way when she emphasises his name, his eyes twinkling in the orange sun. He doesn’t audibly respond to her little threat, knowing perfectly well that Nashua is capable of handling his own.

She teases right back, a good thing, he thinks. ”That’s because you don’t know any better.” he says. Though, he had been a more normal-looking guy at the time, with an aura that had not changed his internal body temperature the way the dragonice had. But that’s something that would be even harder to imagine, he supposes.

She turns then, walking a few paces, probably because she wants to talk on the move, or so would be his guess. Or just to see if he’d comply and walk with her - whatever she is thinking though, his tease of a comment entices a stronger reaction than he’d anticipated. Still, he’s not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, not when it comes to teasing and playing. He takes the few strides he needs to catch up when she glances over her shoulder, her eyes sparkling like the dawn coming over a clear winter’s day. As the wind plays with her mane and her dry comment reaches his perked ears, a devilish grin threatens to overtake his face; he changes direction and lines up next to her, their skins a hair away from actually touching. ”Would you now?” he asks, his breath hovering dangerously close over the skin of her neck, just behind her ear. ”Careful what you wish for, Lilli,” his baritone follows up in what might be more of a hum, ”I know my way around extreme temperatures, but it might become too hot for you.” At that, instead of his usual warm breath, he lets an ice-made scale brush by her shoulder before he is gone again; a mixture of aqua and a hint of yellow may be found briefly in his eyes, before he blinks the color away and gives her a cheeky, fake-innocent grin as if nothing had happened.
    I am the dragon
    and you call me insane

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[lilliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a shot in the dark and right at my throat - by Leilan - 09-09-2020, 03:21 PM