• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I will commit my soul to your door tonight; beth

I can get there on my own. you can leave me here alone.

It had been easier to deny it than confront it for what it was.
    It had been easier to convince himself that the beast had only wanted to draw blood than it was to accept the reality of it.

Even if his blissful ignorance had been brief, it still smarts when it shatters.

Because there is no convincing himself that what she says could possibly mean anything other than what she says. Always been one for accepting things at face value, Beth. She was the only one gifted with the ability of making words mean something they didn’t.

Never knows how to say the right thing, but he knows how to do what she asked. Curls himself around her as sweetly as he can manage - which isn’t very, because Bethlehem was not built for softness, but he has to believe it is at least better than whatever she had endured - and exhales a shuddering breath. Fans warm breath across her shoulder.

Were he stronger, braver, more violent, perhaps he would have vowed to avenge her. To drag their daughter back to Taiga. To right all the wrong things. But he is not strong or brave or violent, so he merely presses his cheek against her skin. Holds her and tries to make it warm.

It’ll be all right,” he murmurs. A promise he has no business making.

BETHLEHEM

I'm just tryin' to do what's right. oh, a man ain't a man unless he's fought the fight.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will commit my soul to your door tonight; beth - by bethlehem - 08-28-2020, 01:53 PM