• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  who knows when our good luck runs out; maze

It wasn’t all that long ago when Maze was sure she’d never form bonds with anyone when she had felt the sting of rejection and resolved to avoid that possibility altogether by closing herself from anyone. And yet here she was with Breach and it was the same with Daye. These mares and fellow shifters had breezed right through any walls Mazikeen might have established as if they weren’t even there.

And though she still questioned it, still felt uncomfortable with the honesty when it came about, she cannot deny that becoming part of this pack had been the easiest thing she had ever done.

Mazikeen is quick to offer her own hopes, certain in her friend’s ability to bring Sochi’s vision to life. Hoping too that her words can further chase away any worries that were not shrugged off. “More will come as word spreads and the pack will grow.” Mazikeen knows she could invite her mother and perhaps more of Agetta’s siblings had gained the ability to shift - but she selfishly wants to keep Breach and the rest to herself. A sly grin sparks in her orange eyes as she thinks of the first time she had met Spirit and Nerve and their funny rodent shapes. “I’ll go on a few hunting expeditions and see who I can bring back.”

She tilts her head slightly at the mention of a favour, curious, and a decidedly feline grin spreads at the statement. Mazikeen’s voice is hushed when she replies, though she’s not sure she’d be able to say why. Perhaps she’s worried it’s a trick. “I’d be honoured.” And then, in a stronger voice. “Perhaps my alpha will even deign to spar with me to keep up my skills now and then.”

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[breach]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: who knows when our good luck runs out; maze - by Mazikeen - 11-03-2020, 04:33 PM