• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Two's too many; (Set, Any)

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

She wasn’t frowning, thank you very much… but Eyas could understand how a morose smile on her could seem like a borderline scowl. Or perhaps Set’s age was getting to him regardless of his denial and childish antics, and his eyesight was going. Either way, Eyas jerked her head up in surprise at his arrival only to give him a sarcastic, feminine laugh a few seconds later when he ascended to the branches hanging above her. The instant their skin connected, she knew who he was.

After all, Set was one of the very few stallions (let alone horses) who’d ever shared a brief, magical connection with Eyas. She quieted, and the grin on her face grew wider. Thinking of it that way - the moment by the River years ago, where he’d shifted from his handsome otter form into the patched magician and bit her hair - made her grin wider. Some “magical connection” alright. Nonetheless, Eyas was surprised to see a horse she considered a mentor of sorts; inwardly she tried not to dwell too long on the delight simmering just underneath that surprise. Not when a dark conflict was still fresh in her mind.

“You never told me what that ‘black mist’ inside of my soul was,” she answered him with a conundrum that sounded like criticism,“But I figured it out anyway.”

Flexing her wings closed, Eyas strode out from underneath the myrtle tree and let the drooping boughs trail over her ears as she went. Everywhere the world was glistening, soaked in droplets of glassy water, and though the rain had dulled to a stop Eyas was quickly drenched from chest-to-hoof. She paused, looking back to where the crepe myrtle stood almost alone - away from the forest not far off - and said,

“I found plenty.” Without pausing to sound disturbed, or anything less than neutral.

“What have you found? Since we last parted…” she asked curiously of the animal-god, considering the option of staying in the Meadow a bit longer if Set was willing to humor her attempt at ‘normal’ conversation. She was trying, daily, to find that niche of space where her personality could fit perfectly in any given company, and ‘normal’ conversation was what the others did, correct? Eyas waited, knowing that normality was so far outside of their realm it was laughable, and did her best not to look sarcastic.

EYAS

@[Set]
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Two's too many; (Set, Any) - by Eyas - 08-26-2020, 08:55 PM
    RE: Two's too many; (Set, Any) - by Set - 09-04-2020, 03:44 AM
    RE: Two's too many; (Set, Any) - by Eyas - 09-04-2020, 08:15 PM