• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Never quite sure if it was the cold that brought the ice dragon....
    Leilan
    He's a constant test to their friendship, he knows; Nev obviously doesn't care much, feels only the relief of not having to pull at them any longer, while she hands the harness to Leilan. Her short and almost obvious answers seem to indicate as much, anyway.

She is to the point though, and for that he appreciates her all the same. He's long since learned to expect nothing but rude comments from her, and he makes sure to pay her in kind as much as he can. An odd relationship they have, for sure. However, the content of her answers mean he does have to forge new relationships - he has inherited that which he had started himself with Oceane and Aquaria, and Lilliana and Izora's capabilities of maintaining friendships across the borders. And then there is Ghaul, of course.

Izora asks the right questions - now, perhaps a little late - and he smirks at her in a way that doesn't indicate something entirely good. The round chestnut mare however interrupts, and perhaps it saves him from saying something he can't take back. Instead, he mulls it over for a heartbeat or two, then nods. "When you're more fit for travel again, would you like to keep those friendships warm? We may need them in the future." Especially regarding the heavier subject. "Izora, would you accompany me to Pangea sometime soon, then? There's messages we need to tell them."

Looking from one to another, it seems that if he doesn't tell them the how and why soon, his lover friend might just explode. While any other time he'd gladly push her some more and see if she can, the thought of her swollen belly keeps him quiet enough for the moment. Playtime's over, after all. "Your choice is to fight fire with ice, a dragon for a dragon. However, the opposite extremes have resulted in this." he nods to the Isle behind him. "Rock does not give. It breaks and crumbles under the combined pressure. The cracks below this ice have never healed." he shrugs. "As a preventive method however, I can try and keep the north under a blanket of snow and ice this winter on my rounds. In the meantime, the message to the East is simple. My - our promises are never empty." He's always been careful with making promises - perceived hidden messages and promises had been what upset many of his female friends in the past, but he'd never promised them anything. The potential threat he posed to another dragon, well - he's pretty certain they'll get it. And if they would in fact finally decide on an assault on his lands, his people, well - a dragon for a dragon, indeed.

Looking each of the women before him in the eye once, his icy demeanour then changes as the dragon stretches his neck to look past them towards the distant shores they represent, a more pensive look on his face before he stretches his white wings. "It's time we called a kingdom meeting, I think."
    I just wanna be someone
    well, doesn’t everyone?

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

I tried to make this council meeting into a wrap since obviously some things have, ehm, changed since then. And some have not, lol (:
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Never quite sure if it was the cold that brought the ice dragon.... - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 04:09 AM