• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  [KINGDOM MEETING] [Alliance due Monday 14] ...or the ice dragon that brought the cold
    Her second wish had brought them to the Isle, but the third had gone unanswered. So had the fourth, and the fifth, and by the time Hackett finally stirs at her feet, Lumina has lost count of them entirely.

“I wish…” the words fade as the teal colt pulls himself to his feet, and whatever might have followed is replaced by an affectionate touch to the boy’s patterned side. He moves to nurse, an instinctive action, and though he was not pushed from her own loins there is still sustenance for him. Milk her own child never had need of, born still and cold as they were. Lumina sighs, and bathes him with her tongue, and for the first time realizes that he is nameless.

What would Delphi have named him, she wonders?

Lumina had spent the last half month with her sister, and yet she had never asked. Delphi had never shared, either, the both of them as meek and docile as herd mares might be, content to graze on what little grew in the cenote and rarely inclined to speak. She could have named a girl after her sister, but a boy?

“Hackett.” She finally says, and the boy presses his dun-marked forehead against her belly before taking a few steps away. She’s not sure where he is going, but Lumina is content to follow him. She follows him all the way to a meeting, even, where with the boldness of youth he steps up beside a chestnut pegasus. A sharp snort draws him back to Lumina’s side, and she avoids eye-contact with the stranger, finding that the ice dragon from here first visit is the one to address them all. Much of what he says has little meaning to Lumina. A council, a champion? The Alliance she knows of – a rigged set of battles, or so her father has said – but the coppery stallion that Hackett had approached seems eager to volunteer.

“I would like to visit other lands.” She says, having gathered the courage for some time. “I’m Lumina,” she says, looking down at the colt now leaning against her so that she need not look at anyone else. “And this is Hackett, my son.”

ooc: lumina and hackett are here to live and lumina will go visit place if she doesn't have to go by herself!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [KINGDOM MEETING] ...or the ice dragon that brought the cold - by Lumina - 09-07-2020, 03:52 PM