• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Aodhán
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

She slipped her eyes over the still surface of her nursery pool. Eyes that focused on the leathery sack submerged within just as much as they focused inward. Her little minnow, kicking and twisting in his growing sleep, getting bigger with every day that passed. 

The sea mare kept close to him with growing anxiety, waiting and watching and not knowing how she would handle a new babe. Not when she felt such failure hanging onto her. She loved this child already. How could she not? Each of her children proved wonderful in their own ways, clever and strong and unique. This one would be no less dear. No less loved. 

Not for all that her partner in its making seemed interested only in the making. 

A snort burst from her, her eyes rolling skyward. Perhaps that wasn't entirely fair. Pteron seemed interested enough in his children. Involved to a point. Deep down perhaps, it was she that wished he'd be less involved. It would be easier to hate him if he were. 

If he was less interested in Halcyon's endeavors. If he didn't ask after Cormorant, didn't invite Marianas to play with his own children. She might not have given in that evening. She might not stand vigil over this lonely shell. She might not feel the outsider in her own family, when all was said and done. 

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Aodhan]

Messages In This Thread
    I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Aodhán - by Aquaria - 09-03-2020, 09:39 PM