• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Aodhán
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

Her smile was small, but warm. Aodhán had never been an especially close friend, not a confident in the way Lilli sometimes was. This strange flavor of nest sharing was closer than they'd ever been, despite years of living in the same isles. 

With a switch of her translucent tail, Aquaria nodded her acceptance of his answer. She hadn't pried when he'd brought her the brilliant egg. Hadn't asked who the other parent was, or the circumstances that surrounded it's creation. That was Aodhán's business, and no one else's. Still. She was a curious creature. In her own time, while watching the pair of eggs in their watery nursery, she did wonder what kind of horse would lend such mesmerizing patterns to their offspring. 

She shrugged at his question, a wry twist replacing her smile. "Only so many options." She admitted without much inflection. "Feathers or scales or both. I hope not both." A dark chuckle followed the statement. Poor little fish, if they had to keep their wings dry. Kaimana had had the worst time with that... A soft moan of grief escaped her. Her only daughter, lost to the sea, or a worse fate. Lost, all the same. And here she was, doing it again. Opening herself up to the pain again, when the first wounds were only just beginning to scab over. Repeating history, as if that had every brought anyone happiness. 

"I'll have to meet them first, I suppose." She answered, subdued. "That's how it's gone with the others." Her eyes shut a moment, the weight in her chest tucked away again. Pushing it to the side was the only way things got done around here. Goodness knew there was always something to do.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Aodhan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Aodhán - by Aquaria - 09-24-2020, 04:53 PM