• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

impossible to ignore you
    She had prayed that the first few flutters of Crowns moving in her belly had been some illness come to kill her. How strange, then, that she bristled so fiercely when Eight commanded her to drink his blood and purge her body of the child. But now that he is here, she finds herself infatuated with him. He grins so eagerly up at her as he stumbles up onto his small legs and wobbles over to her. His strange wings flex and fold sluggishly while he learns the feel of them across his back.

I love you,” she whispers gently against his temple as he comes to curl against her side. But he isn’t able to bask in her warmth for very long. The sound of someone approaching steals her attention from the tiny boy. Already, her fangs are bared and she meets the figure at the entrance of her den. Varick. He speaks her name and she answers only with a hiss. Sabbath turns her body to guard her newborn son carefully.

I’ve heard kelpies eat their young if they don’t resemble them enough,” she purrs as she watches him closely.

But Crowns is already toddling over and ducking around behind his mother. The fluff of his tail wags excitedly as he hurries closer to Varick, bumping his nose against the frost coated scales of his chest. Sabbath can feel her body tense and her instincts command her to snatch him close to her, but she fears making sudden movements. Few things in this world terrify Sabbath, yet her eyes are wide with panic as she finds Varick’s gaze.

Don’t.. Don’t hurt him,” she says in a wavering tone that flickers between a plea and a command. Their child seems unbothered by her nervous energy as he offers up his best smile.
    may my enemies live long                                  so they can see me prosper.
    sabbath
    @[Varick]

Messages In This Thread
    impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-07-2020, 10:41 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-08-2020, 12:52 AM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-08-2020, 06:24 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-12-2020, 11:58 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-13-2020, 09:53 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-15-2020, 12:50 AM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-16-2020, 08:44 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-26-2020, 06:54 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-27-2020, 09:19 PM