• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

impossible to ignore you
    so make your siren's call and sing all you want, I will not hear what you have to say --
    He wonders if things would have been different between them had he not resorted to using his hypnotism. He wonders if he would have managed to gain just a single ounce of her trust before he had tried touching her if she would be looking at him differently – without that same cold glint in her eye like when he had first arrived. The one that suggested she would still rather see him dead than standing here running a cool muzzle across the warm back of their son.

He had tried so hard to outrun everything that he was, everything that his genetics told him he was meant to be, and somehow it had still caught him

He wants to make her believe him when he says he won’t use his powers again. He wants to start over and never use them at all, but then Crowns is nuzzling against his chest again and he is torn because his own stupid mistake had resulted in something so beautiful and perfect he cannot bring himself to regret it. “I believe you,” he says in response to her threat, and he wants to smile because she’s beautiful when she’s fierce and sharp but he is afraid she won’t take him seriously if he does.

“Crowns,” he repeats, trying to ignore the way something again stirs inside of his chest when Sabbath steps closer. “I like it,” he says with another gentle touch to the boy’s neck, and when he looks up his eyes are locked with the cutting green of hers. His expression grows solemn, and his jaw clenches tightly for a moment as he tries to word what he wants to say. “I’ll give you space, Sabbath,” he begins slowly, watching her carefully, “I won’t bother you at all, but, please don’t keep him from me. I want to be a part of his life. I don’t want him to ever have to wonder where his dad is.”
    VARICK

@[Sabbath]

Messages In This Thread
    impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-07-2020, 10:41 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-08-2020, 12:52 AM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-08-2020, 06:24 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-12-2020, 11:58 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-13-2020, 09:53 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-15-2020, 12:50 AM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-16-2020, 08:44 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-26-2020, 06:54 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-27-2020, 09:19 PM