• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Entwined we will both die, so stay away and stay alive.
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    He sleeps for, perhaps, days. There are fleeting moments where he awakens to Beyza checking on him. Virgil tends to his wounds and murmurs how proud he is of his brother. They discuss his condition to one another and he wonders what they’re saying. His head aches so fiercely when he tries to comprehend that he prefers to let sleep pull him under once more.

Finally, on the dawn of the fourth day, his blind eye opens fully. He coughs up a mouth full of dry dust. He has not missed the desert atmosphere, here. Yadigar rolls onto his stomach and his side is caked with red clay. The world is still spinning but he manages to stagger up onto his talons with some difficulty.

Tarte? Cirilla?” he calls, tilting his head as he searches his surroundings for them. Were they still in Nerine? Were they safe? He would like to panic and he begins to stagger toward the Pangean border once more. Exhaustion does not deter him from trying to reunite with them once more.

Someone calls his name from behind, however, and he turns his head to watch the figure approach. He is not so familiar with the magicians of his homeland as his father had been, and so he does not recognize them beyond fleeting images from the raid on Nerine. Yadigar feebly bears his teeth and follows with a dwindling snarl. The act conjures a memory just days ago when he had engulfed a patch of the north on fire. His heart sinks as he begins to wonder what happened after the western witch slit his throat.

What.. What have I done?” he whispers, coughing up more Pangean dust. “What did I do?

@[Anaxarete] @[Straia] @[draco] @[Beyza] or anyone else who wants to watch Gar freak out and ugly cry

Messages In This Thread
    Entwined we will both die, so stay away and stay alive. - by yadigar - 09-14-2020, 09:33 PM