• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  seeking no secrets
    Leilan
    Realising something as she speaks, the ice dragon shifter waits for the older mare to finish. When she does, he can’t help the corner of his mouth curling upwards just a bit. ”Straia, dear,” he says then, daring to use such an endearing tone there and then as if he would with a younger cousin, niece, nephew, his own children. ”You’re thinking in lines and boxes.” he points out to her. With the mindset of a hundred years a go, too, but that can’t be helped.

”You don’t need the land itself to stand for something. It’s the people who make a kingdom what it is, and it will change with each influx and efflux. Resist that, and you’ll lose the physical bodies to support your claim. What makes the north the north, is me right now.” It’s not arrogance that makes him say it, and she’ll know. The fact is that he is the one who allows the threesome of the north to be just that: another might have staken a claim instead, after being crowned. Another might have been more aggressive or more passive, and he has accepted it - the only thing worth living for is the present; the future will eventually forget him, the past already resents him. He’d told her before though, he does it not for others - or at least not for many others. “I know my successor may change things. That’s not bad or wrong or even lacking things - it’s just life, and life is change. The old lands also changed, just slower at the time.” Not unlike the fairies resisted change right now, with the landscape staying as it was.

”What if we gave up on the lines on the map? I’m fine with combining territories into larger kingdoms. More variation, less distinction.” he tilts his head at her, wondering if she sees where he’s going. One north under his current rule, is one thing, but will be lost more likely than not, creating division once more. Other lands might resist such change, but the north is already one people - or largely so, right now. ”Lands do miss magic though... it’s funny you should say that. I wouldn’t mind a matching tree.” he grins to her, indicating the blue flame on the icicle tree which does absolutely nothing but look funny. Straia’s magical tree though... well, she should know. ”You’re the solution to your own problem, are you not?” he asks. As far as he can see, the magical entities like her, are the same. Magic bound to borders.

But why should it be so? That a child born on one side of a river or ridge gets gifted with something and another does not. That one territory has a magic healing ability and others need permission to be healthy. Life’s not fair and never will be, of course. He doesn’t truly think she can change that, but perhaps it helps her think outside the box.
    they say I did something bad
    then why’s it feel so good?

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[Straia]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-15-2020, 05:07 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 07:25 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-16-2020, 11:15 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-21-2020, 07:14 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-25-2020, 04:16 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 10-16-2020, 08:31 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 08:37 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 10-26-2020, 06:13 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 11-05-2020, 03:31 PM