• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I fell for your magic; any

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

The water, cool from the crisp spring mornings, is comforting. It shocks her away from catatonia and, though her voice rasps as she turns to face the rabicano man, she feels much more alert when her golden eyes befall him. Oceane remains in the basin; the water laps at her endearingly and the mud beneath her hooves holds her tight. It feels safe.

She tries not to think of Loess. Or of Lepis.

An image of Lepis' charred wings, burned into the woman's head, rises unwelcome. She inhales sharply through clenched teeth and tries her best to keep her attention on the stranger before her. She focuses on his warm expression, on the spotting of his coat, on the accent with which he speaks. Anything to keep her from falling to pieces.

He excuses her abrupt landing, offers her comfort.

Oceane smiles, and though it doesn't come anywhere near reaching her gilded eyes, the appreciation she feels is apparent. Oceane! Her gaze is pulled swiftly to the side and to the comfortingly familiar form that approaches them. “Leilan,” she whispers, the rawness of her throat hindering the projection of her voice. “How is my boy? And the Isle?” Her questions are hurried whispers. So much has happened - and none of it good. She can only hope that Alcinder is still safe upon the northern isle.

“Finian,” she turns back to the rabicano stallion, repeating his name aloud with warmth to convey her appreciation of his presence and the kindness he has already offered her. “My home has burned,” she whispers to them before forcing herself to take a deep breath. She lowers her head to take a sip of the cold basin water and then, with as much strength as she can muster, she turns her gilded gaze back to the men.

“Loess has burned and the Queen - my friend - who ruled at my side has been murdered. I have to go back and -” she pauses, because what is there to do right now when the land is still aflame?

“I will have to rebuild,” she adds as an afterthought, her gaze slipping from her grasp so that she stares into nothingness once more.

@[Finian] & @[Leilan]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    I fell for your magic; any - by Finian - 09-15-2020, 08:45 PM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Oceane - 09-16-2020, 08:07 PM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Leilan - 09-17-2020, 04:07 PM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Finian - 09-29-2020, 05:00 PM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Oceane - 10-03-2020, 07:38 PM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Leilan - 10-06-2020, 12:30 AM