• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'd like to make myself believe

elio

some say I should learn to cry but I only learned how to fight
    and I know everything must die but nothing fades like the light

"Okay . . ." Elio murmur, wiggling his back in the goofiest way a horse can so his side is cuddled against his son's.

Around them, the world blooms.

To their left, flowers of all colors of the rainbow sprout up, matching Lannister's delighted giggles in beauty. Every kind of parrot flutters around them, perching in high branches peering down at them with dark, gleaming eyes. Ferns as large as boulders spread a few feet in front of their pedaling back legs. Palms as old and as sturdy as Taiga's redwoods circle around their little clearing. Dangling a paw from a low-hanging branch ahead of them, a docile and sleepy panther struggles to keep its eyes open.

All the while, Elio can't take his eyes off of his enraptured son. His mouth is lifted with the distant awe of a parent so proud they can't contain the bubbling in their chest.

"Did I do a good job?" Lio whispers, mouth lifting even wider when Lannister flips on his side to rest his head on his father's stomach.

"Yes!" the boy yells, short and sweet as his gaze continues to study all the things he's never seen before.

"What do you do when we're not together, Dad?" Lan whispers, shifting his muzzle so he's facing Elio's head as it rests against the soft ground. "Do you have any other sons? Do I have more family?"

Lio's heart swells and pounds with so much pain and love that at first, all he can muster is a simple closing of his eyes. He sighs into the ache, not a sound of disappointment but one of resignation and sudden exhaustion.

"You do have family, Lan. So much family, but no, you don't have any brothers," Elio murmurs, unsure of how to detail how his days are so dull when he's not searching for new things to show his son.

"When I'm not with you, I'm always looking for you in everything I see. So I can make sure I remember all the things I know you'd want to know, so I can dream in all the colors and creatures you want to control. I don't know what I'm doing other than that, Lan. You're the most important thing in my life."

[Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i'd like to make myself believe - by elio - 09-21-2020, 12:05 AM
    RE: i'd like to make myself believe - by elio - 09-27-2020, 11:36 PM