• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to find a better way

In response to his frown and the words that follow, Anuya’s gaze softens. She tilts her head again and regards him with an easy sort of smile. She understands - or thinks she does. After all, had she not spent the last several years here doing something similar? Avoiding pretty much everyone that she could while she sulked about a home she had left willingly and never wanted to return to. Her major complaint about Beqanna was that it just wasn’t quite pretty enough for her, and that wasn’t really so bad - given the list of other faults that could be present.

Her sense of superiority over the short-eared horses has lessened (just a little bit) and with it her unwillingness to tether herself to these lands has begun to loosen.

Not very long ago, if she had been told she would be genuinely happy to have made a friend like Aureus she would have laughed for a season.

And yet! Here she is.

She does not outright ask why he wants to avoid the world, but her voice is encouraging and gently teasing when she speaks. “Well come on, where’s the fun in that, Aureus? If you kept that up you never would have met me.” She flicks her dark tail and shakes her mane, holding her head high in a mock sense of pride.

It fades and her bright grin returns with a quick laugh. “And if I had continued to avoid everyone I would have never met you two! So maybe not avoiding the world all the time isn’t the worst.”

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

@[aureus]

Messages In This Thread
    trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 09-26-2020, 10:51 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 11-23-2020, 12:16 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-09-2020, 04:52 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 07:17 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-23-2020, 10:45 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 11:19 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-30-2020, 02:57 PM