• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i've never fallen from quite this high | anyone
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Though the tobiano stallion’s invitation for morning runs had been extended to nearly everyone he comes across, he is rarely taken up on the offer. This does not tamp his enthusiasm in the slightest, and when Asena asked to join him he’d gladly agreed.

So they race down the white sand beach, two pale horses against the rising sun. Pteron’s wings are held close to his side and Asena’s violet tail stretches behind her like a plume. She must take several strides to match her father, but her drive to do so does not fade until they have both reach the imaginary finish line in the sand.

“You’ll be faster than me, someday.” The winged stallion tells his daughter, who beams proudly. Someday, but not yet. He has never been the type to let his children win on anything but their own merit, something he had learned from his own father. The reminder causes a sharp pained expression, one that Asena notices, but does not comment on. Dad has told her that Papa is mourning, and that he needs more patience than sometimes short-tempered Asena might think. So she waits, and looks around at the forest. There is a movement just there, and the filly steps forward just as her father calls out.

“Good morning! Hope we didn’t wake you!”

@[anyone] who wants to be disturbed

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    i've never fallen from quite this high | anyone - by Pteron - 09-27-2020, 09:23 AM