• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It is the nature of dreams to end // Raul
    Her heart rate slows as the cool salt air bathes her skin. It blows form the north, whispers of glaciers and ice dragons riding on its tide. Her words seem to fall into nothingness, but still, she resists turning her head. The thought of finding no one at her side was too harsh a reality to contemplate.

But the rumble of his voice is there, and she feels herself inhale, searching for the comfort of his scent. The muscles of her jaw clench and her eyes close, and she listens to what he has to say.

She had been born with that need to run, that intrinsic drive to challenge the world around her. She had paid with her life for it once, and only the help of others had made it so that was the only time. But she was a stubborn creature, and selfish in her own way, and she had not taken these lessons to heart. Even in the afterlife, she had been locked into the eternal clash; she had fought one thousand battles and spilled rivers of blood.

But here she was on the peaceful shore of a quiet but thriving kingdom, standing next to a man who loved her.

"I don't know who I am without a fight," she admits. He had fallen victim to this, she realizes. Her own unbalance was making his life miserable. She doesn't know why she equates her own rest with weakness when she never judged others for it, why she trivialized the happy ever after.  

She shakes her head, the weight of her decisions suddenly so heavy on her shoulders that her strength visibly flags. "I'm sorry, Raul. I never wanted you to feel that way."

@[Raul]
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: It is the nature of dreams to end // Raul - by Warlight - 05-22-2021, 09:35 AM