• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  From far away, this'll look like a comedy
    Aedan can’t help but chuckle slightly as the boy calms, admitting that he thought Aedan might eat him. It is a valid concern, and Aedan isn’t chuckling at that, but simply at the idea of him in particular eating anyone. There were creatures in Beqanna that would, though he doesn’t say as much, figuring that the boy doesn’t need more worries.

”I enjoy grass, leaves, the occasional piece of fruit, but I have never acquired the taste for flesh.” He gives the boy a wink and a grin, as if they were co-conspirators in some secret far greater than the fact he doesn’t eat other horses. Hopefully it would help to set him to ease.

Then the boy admits to being lost, but not from a parent. Instead he asks to be taken back to the Den, and Aedan’s brow furrows slightly. ”I can,” he says, making sure the boy knows he will help regardless, but then continues ”Unless you would like to come home with me? I live on an island, so I admit it is a bit of a journey to get there, but it is a beautiful place. I have two other children as well, and I am sure they would be thrilled to have you. That is, of course, if you do not have a family waiting for you.” He is not trying to replace this boy’s family or snatch him away, but he assumes if the child lives in the Den that he does not have family. Still, he does his best to make the offer sound as genuine as it is.

At the mention of his light, Aedan smiles a bit wider, calling to the stars and creating another little aura that he wraps around the colt. There is something like warmth in that light, though perhaps not actual warmth. It is the idea of it, like being nestled inside a snug blanket. ”What should I call you?”

aedan

the night is more alive and more
    richly colored than the day.

@[Narcisus]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: From far away, this'll look like a comedy - by Aedan - 11-03-2020, 09:20 AM