• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

whatever i touch just melts in my clutch
    CrownS
    He grows acclimated to his new temperature a little more every day. Crowns is still impossibly uncomfortable, but he has grown bored of laying in the den being babied by his mother. Of course, he loves the way she dotes on him and his father’s affections are certainly welcomed. It’s just that they won’t play with him for fear of handling him too roughly or letting him push himself too hard. The boy wishes that he was somewhere colder, with someone who wouldn’t coddle him.

Then he blinks and the world around him changes. The air is shockingly crisp and cold, with winds that blow harshly against his warm cheeks. Crowns gives a little squeak of surprise as he stumbles backward. Oh, but his strange friend is here.

The colt offers him a tired grin and edges closer to Eight. Did the feather bring them both here, he wonders? His skin doesn’t burn quite so hot here in the frigid shade of the Taiga forest. Maybe his dark tutor sensed his fever and drew him closer to the ice and snow. Regardless, he is thankful for the change of scenery and he doesn’t care to dwell on the how or why of it.

Hello again!” he chirps cheerfully. “I don’t feel so good, but it’s a little better here.

He spreads his dripping wings so they chill in the autumn wind that sweeps between the charred but towering redwoods here. Then, he draws them close and sighs in relief as they soothe the blistering heat of his skin.

Did your feather bring us here?"

@[Eight] crowns thinks this snow business is A++

Messages In This Thread
    whatever i touch just melts in my clutch - by crowns - 10-02-2020, 08:16 PM