• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

whatever i touch just melts in my clutch
    CrownS
    The unbridled magic coils tightly around the boy’s heart when Eight runs his fingers over its infinite scales. It bristles at being examined and so it returns the favor, dipping unseen talons into the thick of him to see who or what he is. The nameless monster sees the blood and the feather - the seeds that allowed it to take root here and nurtured the crucial first moments when it began to bond with Crowns.

But then he speaks directly to it and it listens carefully. He makes promises and requests. It loosens its grip on the child’s heart, and the boy gives a sigh of relief. Crowns lifts his gaze to meet Eight’s when he explains that he can do all things. All? His brow furrows at the thought. He is too young to grasp the possibilities just yet, but he nods as he believes he understands. The child sucks in a breath when Eight’s cold nose touches to his chest.

The endless serpent swallows the magic given to it, greedy and eager for the strength. And then it completes its work - it dives deep into his bones, weaves itself to every strand of his DNA, and carves its image over his soul. Crowns cries out in pain as the heat around him erupts into blue flame now, licking at the ground and the tree limbs above them. It burns away his mortality and chews through his every flaw, licking its fingers clean.

The boy stumbles back and collapses to the ground as the fire suddenly dies out. The dirt is stained black with the inferno of his rebirth, smouldering and smoking around them both. His chest heaves for breath while his hummingbird heart flutters between his ribs. Crowns trembles in shock as he searches Eight’s face for some answer.

I don’t understand. What.. What’s happening?” he whispers. Strange new memories play out in his mind, and he doesn’t quite understand what they all mean. The names all come to him and yet he’s certain he’s never met them before - Ghaul, Adna, and Larva. Countless others all rushing up without him beckoning them. He does not fear the strangeness of it, but he finds himself exhausted like he’s never known sleep a day in his life.

I don’t feel so sick anymore,” he says suddenly.

@[Eight]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: whatever i touch just melts in my clutch - by crowns - 10-04-2020, 08:20 PM