• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I know I need us more than I need me // any
    i know i need us more than i need me
    The sound of her summer storm's approach lends itself to the rhythm of my melody, her hooves the percussionists in tonight's opera. Though she approaches fast, I can't help but think of how slow one moves through this life, of how agonizing time can feel when the one you love resides in a place almost always unaccessible to you.

I almost grimace (an expression most like a smile on my Arabic face) at the irony of my situation; a son raised by a dreamer, with a dreamlocked twin sister, whose dreams come shorter and shorter by the day. The dreammaker, the dreambound, and the dreamless.

A tear trickles down the side of my face that the stranger cannot see as she breaks into the clearing like a gust of wind. My jaw would ache with the gnash of my teeth were it not for the aching keen of my song.

Beautiful, she whispers, though I swear I hear her word more as a thought, a sentiment, than anything physical. To welcome her approach, I turn my head with care, setting my blue eye upon her as she appears to fall under my spell. Walking, falling, she seems to do both at once; the brown of her coat gleams a bluish-white beneath the glare of my wings. "Beautiful," I sing in return, the word a long, drawn-out note that verges on incomprehensibility, though I know that the little mare before me will know exactly what I sang.

When my admirer finds herself frozen not inches away from me, I taper off my song with a gradual decline until the silence itself reminds us of the beauty of the disappeared notes. Against my sides, my wings rearrange, throwing light around the clearing in a disarming fashion; in this disarray, I reach out and place my mouth upon her.

Lips to cheek, gliding up to her ear. A warm exhale placed there and an inhale as though to memorize her scent.

"I'm Indius," I murmur, pulling my face away to gaze into the depths of her wide, starstruck brown eyes. "Tell me your name."
    Indius

A Kristin pon? For me?? *big eyes* I am so happy
    ""

@[Moonlet]
    [Image: indi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know I need us more than I need me // any - by Indius - 10-09-2020, 09:42 PM