• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  protect your neck & triumph.
    wu

Wu did not have time for games. He did not have time for a mother, or a father, or a friend, or a sibling. He was born, he was nursed, he was weaned, and he was let go to discover the world on his own. While not ideal for a young colt, it was his only option, and precisely what he did. Luckily, in Beqanna, there are faeries to watch over all- and gently he was guided to the field (a gift, of sorts. The possibility of a new beginning). 
    Aside from his stumbling discovery of the field, Wu had little else. He had only the field, and the yin and yang that pulled inside his chest - the cry of the flora, and the call of the afterlife. He had wondered, on his journey over, what it would feel like to belong. To have a place that was home, one that he was not swiftly dusted out the door. To have people he belonged to - not simply a mother that forced him away when he was far too old to continue suckilng. The field the faeries had said - the field would give him such a place, such a people, such a world. And so he went. 
    The grass is not stubborn - it drinks in the light of his gift like a fish to water, a fire to flame. No plant ever really wants to die, you see. They all want to flourish - want to thrive, and grow, and spawn seed across the land. The grass beneath him relishes in the delight of growth (and truly, Wu felt jealous - felt the desire to flourish so freely from a hand so lovingly) - the emerald green is a burst of a gem amidst the blotted brown of the land. His ferocity burns so bright - his anger and resentment and lack of love pushed forth into bursting and bloom. There is so much anger in the pit of his heart that although he is creating life into the land, he almost simply wants it to burn, too. Can he take away what he has just given?
    His face is taut and furrowed, ripples of anger and unjust marring his too-young, too-soft face. It is not fair that he can somehow create life beneath him, but not inside of him. Why cannot just not burn and die? Why must it only grow?! Why can he not make it die like the feeling he has inside of him? ‘Is that you’ And Wu jerks back, his concentration breaking, the grass already fading from a rich green to a dull yellow (these traits are not built so easily). 
    “What… I don’t.. I don’t know. I think so? I just feel this pull inside  of me? I don’t know how to describe it. Do you feel it too?

@[Roselin]

Messages In This Thread
    protect your neck & triumph. - by Wu - 10-03-2020, 08:13 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Roselin - 10-04-2020, 05:51 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Wu - 10-04-2020, 09:43 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Roselin - 10-09-2020, 03:56 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Wu - 10-18-2020, 06:17 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Roselin - 10-22-2020, 02:19 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 12:10 PM