• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you loved me in waves
    It's been a little while since I landed back in Sylva. The trees are fuller, even if they haven't changed colors, and surprisingly I'm a little fuller too. Still wraith-like, yes. But my hair isn't so matted anymore. My coat is nearly, dare I say, glossy. Shocking, I know. 

Steady trickles of blood have that effect on a girl.

It's funny, but I'd just about forgotten the legalese of being in charge. That you actually have to do things, speak to others when they turn up in your doorway. So much more entertaining skulking in the shadows and watching as they stumble through the dark and unfamiliar paths. But Balto has gone off somewhere. Or he's found a new cave to hide in. Either way, I haven't seen him in... well, it's been a while. No one too talk to but the ones who linger, and I'd rather they keep their mouths shut, thank you very much. 

So I'll go and answer this lonesome call, and see who knocks on my door. 

And she's blue, blue, blue as the sky, blue as the sea. As blue as me. I crack a smile as the earth opens before me, the ever autumnal trees thin at this boundary. "Well aren't you a pretty little bird!" I sing out, warm sunlight drawing long lost rainbows from my coat when I emerge. "What brings a pretty bird to my lonely neck of the woods?" My head cocks to one side, electric blue eyes dancing across her figure. 

She's regal as they come, for sure. Prim and pretty as a lily in the meadow, and much more shiny. I puff a lock of flamesque forelock from my eyes, wings fluttering distractedly. Always there is something moving, twitching, jostling on me. Making up for moons of frozen lifelessness, maybe. The phantom touch of a long dead ghost presses on my hip, and I flinch, teeth bared. "Go away," the snarl leaves my throat, aimed at that which I cannot see. They giggle in uncaring reply. 

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 10-06-2020, 05:49 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 10-08-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 10-18-2020, 03:40 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 10-21-2020, 05:27 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 11-07-2020, 06:30 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 11-12-2020, 02:22 PM