• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you loved me in waves

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

The other woman's voice erupts nearly sing-song, but Oceane is unable to determine if there is anything warm contained within it; it feels like an inside joke, or an accusation, hidden behind the smile that she has painted across her face. The Loessian woman offers a polite smile in response but is unable to muster much more - Lepis' death remains at the forefront of her thoughts, blocking any desire or ability to entertain whatever it is that she is being greeted with.

“Are you Sabra?” she inquires hesitantly as her gilded eyes collide with the woman's blue ones; her gaze shifts momentarily to observe the rainbows that flash across her pelt from the sunlight, and then it returns from whence it came. What brings a pretty bird to my lonely neck of the woods? Oceane rustles the lavender wings at her side and clears her throat to speak just as the other woman whispers go away in a low hiss.

It seems misdirected, or even undirected, leaving the Queen feeling off-kilter by the encounter. “Is... is somebody bothering you?” She asks with an inquisitive tilt of her head before remembering the importance behind her business here. “My name is Oceane,” she charges ahead and takes a deep depth before spilling forth the information that she dreaded to speak aloud, “I've come to introduce myself and share some news. Lepis and I led Loess side-by-side, but now she...”

A hiccup in her words, the tightening of her throat once more. Oceane does her best to repress the sadness long enough to get the words out.

“Lepis succumbed to the fire that ravaged Loess.”

@[Sabra]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 10-06-2020, 05:49 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 10-08-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 10-18-2020, 03:40 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 10-21-2020, 05:27 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 11-07-2020, 06:30 PM