• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you loved me in waves
    I teeter back and forth on my heels, slow as a rocking chair. There's something familiar about this vibrant mare, something I can't quite place. With a bobbing of my head I agree. "Yes, I rather think so." I reply, the notes of my voice leaving room for doubt. "I am mistress of these woods." 

My smile freezes to my lips at her inquiry, icy hardness to my gaze. "It's only you and me," I assure her, and this time there is no doubt. No leeway for debate. And then I laugh. As if she and I are in on one big secret, one that needs no explanation. They mustn't think they've rattled me. Shaken me like a screaming rabbit in a dog's mouth. No, that won't do. 

Then I'm blinking, the words she'd spoken taking an extra moment to process in my mind. Ah yes. "Pretty name," I comment offhand, considering the rest of what she'd said. The implication being that Oceane now ruled alone. "Sorry for your loss, I'm sure. Lepis was a... unique mare." She was, at that. Kind enough, I think, but far too inclined to her magic. Far too dependant. And I find that I am jealous of her end. 

With a shrug I gesture one winged toward the sky. "That does explain the dreadful smoke we had." I wonder if I had breathed in some charred fragments of the dun pegasus mare. How horrid, to have bits of her inside me. 

I let my wings fall to my sides once more, relaxed as I can make them. My gaze is fixed unblinking now on the shimmering woman. Is there more she came to say, or is our audience at an end? I will let the quiet stretch until she decides. 

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 10-06-2020, 05:49 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 10-08-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 10-18-2020, 03:40 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 10-21-2020, 05:27 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 11-07-2020, 06:30 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 11-12-2020, 02:22 PM