• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you loved me in waves
    So we are at an end, it seems. My lips stretch wider, a smile charming as the edge of a knife. I nod agreeable, one forefoot striking out to crease the mulch. A bird explodes from behind us, shrill and wild as it wings towards the hidden sky. It makes me flinch with its suddenness, with its unexpected sound. My teeth snap in a brutal reflex, catching on nothing but air. 

My sides heave for a moment, heart rate elevated painfully until I drop my eyes back to the shimmering mare. I get the queasy sensation of looking in a still pool, my reflection eerie and imperfect as she looks back at me. A potential that never came to be. My mouth twists with a sour taste, and I am done with this audience. 

She seems to feel queasy herself, like she can't get out of here fast enough. That's fine by me. "I'll do that," I promise, eyes narrowed at her turning back. To visit Loess, yes, that seems a plan worth exploring. Perhaps once Balto returns... But that will be some time yet. "Fair winds!" I call to her retreating form, watching her wings as they capture the light and air. "Don't forget me." Too quiet to be heard. Still. She would do well to heed the quiet advice. 

With a huff, I paw at the earth, drawing scars in the black soil beneath the leaves. "Now. What did you want?" The Voices titter behind my ears, whispers of blood and violence curling ever more from their unseen lips. 

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 10-06-2020, 05:49 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 10-08-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 10-18-2020, 03:40 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 10-21-2020, 05:27 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Oceane - 11-07-2020, 06:30 PM
    RE: you loved me in waves - by Sabra - 11-12-2020, 02:22 PM