• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you wouldn't leave till we loved in the morning
    LITOTES

It's a pleasant sunrise that Litotes finds when he arrives home to Silver Cove. The first sparkings of a powerful summer sun reflect in his topaz eyes, making them look like both gleaming fire and molten lava. He turns from the rising star, shakes out his mane and yawns. For a moment, he considers stopping here--as sleepy as he is--but the thought of a sleeping Lilt keeps him padding forward.

The black sand of the Cove's beaches is a stark contrast to Lie's pale lion. He looks particularly strange on these beaches: the king of the Sahara walking so comfortably next to the ocean. He knows more of these dark shores than any grassland, having spent so much of his life in the East. Lie thinks that every inch of Hyaline, Silver Cove, and Pangea will remain imprinted in his mind for eternity. He was king of a wasteland once, king of the mountains and king of the otherworldly beaches. To a stranger, he looks nearly alien; but to Litotes, he finally feels as if he's back home.

A couple of days have passed since Lie has returned to the Cove. It's not often that he seeks overwhelming solitude anymore, but when he does, time tends to slip from him. As he rounds the bend of an arching hill coated in waving, soft green grass, he spots the glowing form of a Lilt. A soft smile lifts his lips.

Home.

"Lilt," he calls, shifting back into a horse and trotting eagerly her way, "I've missed you."

and let the cool air in, feel the night slip in
    as it softly glides across your back
    and i hope you leave right before the sun comes up
    so i can watch it alone

@[Lilt] this is weirdly not sad

Messages In This Thread
    you wouldn't leave till we loved in the morning - by litotes - 10-08-2020, 12:31 AM