• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  roll the bones; yadigar
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    All his affections now are cheap imitations of the things he’d like to give her - costume jewelry when he could once afford a treasure trove. She’s broken herself open and let him see everything she has kept tucked away. Breach has an entire foreign country just yearning for him inside her, and he can’t bring himself to map even the first inch of it. So he traces his finger across the places he carved her name and tries to find the aftertaste of his adoration.

The defeat in her voice makes his face twitch. It would be a kindness to leave her here and find his way back to the Cove, back to the brood of children who look up to him now. He need never step foot in her kingdom or see her awful, beautiful face again.

And yet he stays.
    And yet he lets her kiss him. He kisses her back.

The eye swirls to life in its own defiant way, but the future it foretells remains unchanged even if the world around it has bent - it shows a hundred different lives that are all engulfed in fire. And in every one, it is always her, and she is always with him. Whatever other outcome could have been is lost, now.

Then all that’s left of me is yours,” he says as he bridges the small space she creates between them, allowing her no reprieve from this moment. Yadigar touches his teeth to her throat and it is an oath, that he doesn’t bite through. “When my brothers and sisters are grown, I will leave the Cove to live at your side.

He doesn’t dream of a family or the way Hyaline might look, but he does try to imagine what sleeping beside her might feel like. He wonders if she talks in her sleep and says all the things she won’t admit when she looks at him.
    @[breach]

Messages In This Thread
    roll the bones; yadigar - by breach - 10-09-2020, 12:20 AM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by yadigar - 10-12-2020, 09:49 PM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by breach - 10-28-2020, 11:30 PM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by yadigar - 10-29-2020, 12:11 AM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by breach - 10-29-2020, 12:26 AM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by yadigar - 10-29-2020, 12:53 AM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by breach - 10-29-2020, 01:15 AM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by yadigar - 10-29-2020, 07:55 PM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by breach - 10-29-2020, 09:05 PM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by yadigar - 10-29-2020, 10:22 PM