• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  make out of words a cage for your own bird

.rosemary.

The picture of a summer night, all dark shadow and glowing stone, Rosemary often wanders now. She takes after her father, bearing the weight of some strange solitude; but the silence of being alone is not solemn like Litotes finds, for Rosemary thinks discovering the world with eyes all her own is simply magical.

And, truly, how can one be hesitant or afraid while accompanied by a cat borne from hell tasked with protecting her?

Rarely does she stray from Silver Cove at night, though. The resting hellcat at her side is miffed when she stirs. What are you doing, Rose? Calypso asks in that deep, feminine voice of hers. Going for a walk, the girl answers in her head, better to not wake the family sleeping around her. Not far off and beneath a picturesque palm, her parents curl around each other. Such a sight brings a smile to Rose's lips. It's not often she sees her father's face without a crease or her mother's eyes without a watchful, maternal worry.

Where are we going? Calypso thinks on a loud sigh. Rosemary merely smiles and glances at her friend in response. I don't know, yet, but I can't sleep. Maybe where the Cove coast meets the cliffs of Hyaline? The hellcat slowly rolls glowing red eyes up to her ward, then sighs again. Very well, but keep your eyes peeled. Predators and monsters often find their confidence at night. Rose smiles again in response, as pleased as pleased can be.

An hour of walking brought them to a rocky shoreline and a stormy sea. Dark clouds roll in overhead and a cool breeze forces Rose to shiver.

"The stars are gone, Calypso," the girl murmurs absently, venturing one hoof into the murky, lapping saltwater. "I think I smell rain."

@[Jassal] <3

Messages In This Thread
    make out of words a cage for your own bird - by rosemary - 10-13-2020, 11:21 PM