• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  make out of words a cage for your own bird

.rosemary.

"Mhmm," Rosemary replies on a giggle, aquamarine gaze growing wide as she studies the scaled creature before her. Moments before, Crowns had risen from the ocean as if he were Poseidon riding the waves. So comfortable and certain, lacking the hesitation of most citizens out their realm.

Rose likes the boy immediately, but Calypso is still uncertain. The hellcat tilts her head suspiciously, rising from the sitting position she was once in. She makes no move to approach Crowns, but her glowing eyes do not stray from his scales. Why does he have those scales, Rose? she muses, keeping the irritation from her voice. I don't know! Want me to ask him? the girl answers absently, still eyeing the dripping boy. Calypso sighs in exasperation, not answering but pressing herself protectively to her companion's side.

"My name's Rosemary, and the suspicious creature next to me is Calypso," the girl answers, reaching out to brush her nose against Crowns' in an excited greeting. A trill of delight sparks in her chest at the idea of feeling his scales. "You're on the border of Hyaline and Silver Cove, not Tephra," Rose adds almost as an afterthought, perhaps too distracted by this perfectly strange stranger to answer quickly.

Tephra, Rosemary thinks, glancing at Calypso. They're friendly with Hyaline, right? The hellcat merely shrugs, finally deciding Crowns is not a threat and settling back into a sit. The girl isn't as familiar with politics as her father is, often zoning out when he rambles to her about the news he listens for when visiting the Common Lands. Friend or foe, though, she hardly has a concept of war and border-relations. Everything is as abstract as the way the droplets falling from Crowns' side look like glowing prisms.

"You're from Tephra? What're you doing out here?" Rose questions, settling a sweet, inquisitive gaze on Crowns.

@[crowns]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: make out of words a cage for your own bird - by rosemary - 10-13-2020, 11:59 PM