• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Despite the Overwhelming Odds, Tomorrow Came [Yanhua]

I got extra feelings

Home.
    Borderline.
    Their first night together in the tree-den, where they’d curled into each other’s embrace and fallen asleep inside the glow of Yanhua’s light.

These are the thoughts that spur the Taigan back north again; back to the redwoods and their secret ghosts, back to the fog that kisses his skin like a sweet but heady lover, back to the touches and soft smiles of Borderline. He belongs among the trees and quietness, always has, but today there’s nothing silent about the way he picks up his heels and sets off in a steady canter, once he’s gotten well past the Taigan border. Yanhua was restless to be back with his newfound companion, and his split hooves found their way among the seemingly identical trees soon enough.

He was headed for his their den, following a nigh invisible trail through the redwoods and past the meadow where they’d first met, his softly glowing mane and short-cropped tail flared out behind him in the wind. The rolling thunder of his steady gait never broke or faltered along the way. These trees were longtime friends to Yanhua, each with a name or memory associated to it, and his legs knew their way around so well that by now, he could make a circuit of Taiga in confident blindness if he had to. When he set his eyes on the giant sea of tall-growing ferns, Yanhua dug into each stride thereafter as if a demon itself was hounding him. He was a blur of motion, speeding along past the ferns, every beat of his heart pounding to the tempo of her name: Borderline, Borderline, Borderline.

“Borderline!” Yanhua whinnied, cantering up a small hill past some shorter evergreens. Off to the side, his trademark cedars stood in quiet observation of the two lovers reunited again. Yanhua passed them by confidently, hearing his mate splashing in the nearby river to keep herself cool on an unusually warm day for Taiga, and followed the bare deerpath down again to join her in the cool aquatic game.

“There you are, darling girl!” He laughed and trotted upstream, making quite a bit of disturbance himself in the process. “Having plenty of fun without me, I see.” Yan quieted his overeager voice the closer he came, and the tone softened with true passion. Even soaking wet she was still lovely as ever, a bit more gray from the afternoon bath but he adored the way her mane hung in tight, blue ropes down the sloping arc of her feminine neck. Likewise, her tail had corded up from the dousing; she was certainly a welcome sight to come home to.

“I missed you.” He admitted without reservation, slowing to a stop that left him close enough for a quick peck at her cheek. Borderline would find him unchanged since he’d left: the fairies had healed every competitor post-battle, and for that Yanhua was extremely thankful. A scar could be dashing, but the mark Leilan had put on his face wasn’t the kind that drew lady mares in. Quite the opposite, which was why he’d been glad to be rid of the painful thing. “What would my little dove like to do today, hmm?”
    PERSONALITY | HISTORY | REFERENCES

@[Borderline]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Despite the Overwhelming Odds, Tomorrow Came [Yanhua] - by Yanhua - 10-17-2020, 02:32 PM