• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  kindness never looked good on me; Aela

you can run but you can't hide
    breath on your skin, I've arrived

There is a strange sort of peace that always seems to settle in the wake of chaos. It’s easier in the hush to find what she needs. To piece it together into a more complete image. But what she gathers does not stir her. Does not compel her to return to the life she’d once led.

She’d forgotten how comfortable it had been to watch from the shadows. Had forgotten her own preferences in the face of so many demands. And now, with her primary goal accomplished, she finds this most recent squabble a bit… tiresome.

It had not taken her long to come to the conclusion that what Straia had wished would lead to only one thing: a face-off with the gods of Beqanna. It is an impossible path, and one Heartfire has no desire to travel. So when the dust had settled, she had left them to their petty devices.

Aela had been her one concession.

Though she had separated herself from the girl for her own safety, it had been quickly clear that safety does not interest Aela. Heartfire cannot fault her for it. After all, it is not something she had ever sought either. So, in the end, what else had there been to do save encourage her?

Tucked in a shallow cave filled with memories, Heartfire stares out at the ocean for some time before reaching along the now-familiar tether in her mind. The very same tether that had woken her from slumber just a few short years ago. “Aela,” she whispers, though no sound escapes her lips. “Are you enjoying yourself, my dear.”

heartfire

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    kindness never looked good on me; Aela - by Heartfire - 10-16-2020, 10:25 AM