• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  soon turned out had a heart of glass
    The fact that Garett could read Mako’s mind is not one that ever occurs to him. He has only ever used his mind-reading as a foal with his twin, reading each other’s thoughts and sharing a secret communication. It is a power that lays dormant, forgotten, because what need does this boy of earth and sunshine have for it?

When she says the storms remind her of him too, his smile brightens and he watches her even when her gaze goes down to her hooves. “They’re definitely not as easy to weather without your expertise.” He says this in his perpetually soft voice. There’s no sign of teasing, no sign of anything other than complete truth - because he means it.

Every time the thunder crashed and the lightning flashed overhead and he could feel his heart race, he wished she were beside him. Garett needed no help grounding himself but he sometimes needed help to fly, to shift beyond the calm that radiated through him with such ease. And with Mako? He felt like he could soar.

“I’ve thought about you a lot too, Mako. I’m sorry our paths didn’t cross sooner.” It’s not that Garett thinks it’s either of their faults - just how it had worked out. “I’m so glad to see you again though.” And he reaches out to touch her again, the moss-green of his muzzle against her pastel coat. He wants to tell her they should try to see each other more often, that they do not need to be parted, but he does not want to tarnish this moment by thinking of when they are apart. He is beyond content to enjoy this time together.

image by monsleonis

@[mako]

Messages In This Thread
    soon turned out had a heart of glass - by mako - 10-18-2020, 04:01 PM
    RE: soon turned out had a heart of glass - by Garett - 12-11-2020, 05:38 PM