• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blackberry wine is a favorite of mine // Catnip
    His comment seemed to fall a bit flat, the girl's face less than pleased. Oh well. Not everyone's mother was an example to live by, and not everyone was as close to their family as he was. He shrugged, letting the subject drop. 

With a cat-like stretch, he groaned deep in his throat and returned lazily to an upright pose. Meeting her eyes, he found himself caught off guard by the smile she wore. It transformed the wood nymph from a vengeful guardian into... Well, he wasn't sure. Something softer, kinder. He couldn't help but smile back. 

"There you go, proving we're strangers," he said, chiding. He stepped closer, tsking as he did. "A real friend would know I need no help in making a fool of myself." His lips quirked, a dare in his eyes as he met the golden glow of hers. 

It didn't take long for her to take him up on the challenge. His skin crawled, twitching as if ants were building a nest in his hair. "What the...!" He hopped sideways, startled when the vines emerged in from the edge of his vision. He froze in place, the weight of twining foliage heavy on his crest. 

It was over as quickly as it began, the stallion left with less weight and a new found sense of respect for the little green creature. Strands of his berry-bright hair had been woven intricately through the greenery, artistic, even as she declared it a lesson. "Consider me taught." He said, reverent and amused. A lopsided smile remained on his mouth, but there was an odd bit of seriousness behind it. "So... I'll be on my way then. I'll be extra careful around any berry bushes I find. Wouldn't want to bring the wrath of the forest fairy down on my head again." The space between them seemed to shrink, sky and earth and all else fading, while the verdant girl's face and luminous eyes filled his vision. "I doubt my dignity could take another make over." His voice had grown softer, more intimate as the space between them closed. 

She could whip him with vines, chase him off, and that would be the end of it. He'd continue his adventures and keep her as a shining memory. But if she closed the final distance... The coppery shine of his eyes dropped to her intriguing, mobile lips. 

@[catnip]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Blackberry wine is a favorite of mine // Catnip - by Mikael - 11-23-2020, 06:42 PM