• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I walk my days on a wire; lumineer
    Rosebay

He is different from her other conquests, if she could even call them that. Pteron was just a passing fancy. An opportunity that had presented itself when she had needed it to. He had been difficult to bend to her will, but in the end, he had—and while she had appreciated the way he had looked at her, she had known it was never more than that. He would eat the poison from the palm of her hand and she would leave.

Crowns was different. He was her in equal in many ways. Her superior in others. His magic was a dark and twisted thing and she had to be as careful in his presence as others had to be in hers. That he allowed her to practice on him at all was a kindness and while she dreamt of the frothing at his mouth when she could plant the poison there once more, she knew that it would only be as much or when he allowed.

And the others were just annoyances at best.

But Lumineer was sweet. He was innocent. He was hers in a way that the others were not and although she dreamt of snapping him in half, she also dreamt of keeping him protected. She liked the way that he looked at her as though she was nothing but a simple, pretty girl. As though he could protect her at all.

And so she does not punish him when he tells her he has no secrets.

She just smiles prettily up at him, kissing the corner of his mouth once more. “Oh, that’s alright.” She pauses, searching his blue gaze. “So long as you do not tell mine.” This is a little more forceful, but she hides it behind the smile that continues, the false warmth of his radiating across his fine face.

Taking a step back, she shivers, but keeps the distance.

“I need to be on my way, but come find me again soon.”

This, too, is an order that she presents as a request.

“And perhaps you will have secrets for me next time.”

Another smile, dangerous as it may be, and then she turns to take her leave.

but in all chaos, there is calculation

@[lumineer] - i thought maybe they could jump ahead to darkness and fun times. <3

Messages In This Thread
    I walk my days on a wire; lumineer - by rosebay - 10-29-2020, 11:43 PM
    RE: I walk my days on a wire; lumineer - by rosebay - 01-31-2021, 05:43 PM