• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know i've dreamed you
    CrownS
    He nods eagerly when she squeals, his excitement only amplified by hers. Crowns watches the way her neck extends longer and longer before it suddenly snapped back to a normal length. But his attention is on her face now when she speaks. He studies her closely when she claims that Charlie is her brother. There is a piece of him that remains suspicious, as though he may bring him a wolf when he means to herd the lost lamb back to the herd. But Tephra has grown immensely powerful despite its quiet reputation. If she is a wolf then she will make a fine pelt when they’re done.

Walking will take too long. I’ve been practicing my trick, so just close your eyes!” he grins and tucks his little dripping wing over her back. Then, in a roaring column of blue fire, they vanish.

Seconds later, they emerge on the border of the jungle, with Crowns breathing a little harder than before. The corners of his lips betray his pride - he has actually never teleported anyone other than Eight. There was a chance he would accidentally fling her across the stars for all eternity. He doesn’t tell her this, however.

Instead, he hurries forward into the western kingdom, leaping over fallen trees or ducking thick vines that hang overhead. He scurries over a thin stream until they arrive at a den that is familiar to them both.

Mom! I found a surprise for you! Hurry up!” he calls as he peeks his head into the den, little blue ears perked forward. And she comes when she is called, her sage green eyes searching his face for a moment as she decides between scolding him for yelling or encouraging his delighted mood.

“What is it, Crowns? The twins just fell asleep,” she says, but her voice trails off to a mumble when she lifts her gaze from his. The boy spins, bursting with excitement, and then tucks himself against Reign’s side as he beams up at her. “Reign. Princess of my life.”

She moves forward and pulls the girl to her chest, holding her too tight as she breathes in the dry scent of stardust in her mane. Crowns watches the tears spill down her face and knows that he has done well. Without pulling away, their mother speaks in shaking sobs, “Who took you from me? Did they hurt you?”

The thought had not dawned on the younger child until now. He turns his attention to his sister now, watching her face and wondering where she had been all this time. Would they come back for her? Would he be strong enough to crush their enemies and keep his family whole?
    @[Reign]

Messages In This Thread
    i know i've dreamed you - by crowns - 11-05-2020, 10:30 PM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Reign - 11-26-2020, 07:05 PM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by crowns - 11-29-2020, 05:13 PM