• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Just a moment, in a sea of moments; any

THE FEELING WAS ALWAYS TOO MUCH FOR ME /
    IT ALWAYS CAME TOO STRONG /
    I WANTED TO GET IT RIGHT SO BADLY /
    THAT I ALWAYS GOT IT WRONG /

"So you heard me?" she asks because what else would have kept Lethia away? Lilliana's anger is a thing she shows very seldomly but when the little chestnut does wield it, it has always been more than capable of slicing someone with that silver tongue of hers. The Guardian feels herself being torn between wanting to apologize and keeping her fury over the Pangean attack in check.

Lilli nods and then starts to walk, directing her attention to the trail ahead of them.

The Matriarch tells her that she has been staying in a spot that she once shared with Taiga's Champion and for a moment, Lilliana grapples with her memories of Aten as well as her temper. There are flashes of the champagne Warlander patrolling the Redwoods. Images of the conversations they had once shared as he imparted the history that he knew of the Taiga. The few meetings he had called once he was leader of this forest again. The emptiness of it after and the sinking dread in knowing that there was truly nothing to protect them from-

No. She won't even allow his ghost to linger here.

"Why did you go?" the smaller mare asks curtly as her restraint slips. "I spent a year in captivity there. I could have told you both that they thrive on chaos." It's the most she has said to anybody about what happened in Pangea. Lethy is fixated on looking ahead - on forward -  as they should but Lilliana is still attempting to get her fellow leader to understand her reasoning, these ideals she wishes for the North. She glances at her friend sharply. "We act as one, Lethy, or this all falls apart. It doesn't work if you go one way and I another. If Leilan has his agenda and Nerine doesn't have one at all."

light of love - florence + the machine
    image credit to footybandit

@[Izora Lethia] welp somebody is a little spicy lol
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Just a moment, in a sea of moments; any - by lilliana - 11-20-2020, 08:32 PM