• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Make your mark upon the world; leilan, any
    I’ve seen a lot of youngsters coming and going, but the attitude on this one is at the very least curious. Everything about her screams that she doesn’t want to be here, and yet there she stands, the buckskin girl from Taiga, only different from her mother in a few regards - not in the least her shiny, pretty teeth, which she lets clatter against one another now that her mother sure won’t hear it.

I walk over casually, having spotted her from far away but knowing my eyesight has been enhanced for most of my life now, and I still sometimes fail to make the right decisions when it comes to assuming what another can see. So, I just walk over, unbothered by her appearance on the southern beach. The contrast she and her white markings make with the black glass is prominent, and it would have been hard to miss her altogether. I discern that Nashua is either visiting in Taiga or possibly way up north, as he hasn’t approached yet, but know that it’s probably only a matter of time and timing. He did get to Ruinam before I did, after all.

”It’s only too cold when you’re standing still,” I tell the girl on the shore. It’s our islands motto and a very basic warning and advice for newcomers, and occasionally I find the right moment to say the words. At that, I stop and flash her an equally pointy grin which can either make her feel welcome or not at all - but seeing as she has similar teeth perhaps it brings about some sort of homecoming or whatnot. Honestly I don’t know and I like a gamble now or then.

I wait then, for her to respond. Perhaps she’ll turn around. Perhaps she’ll admit that she hates it and didn’t come on her own accord - she has so far shown little to no intrinsic motivation to be here... but perhaps just like Lilli, she really hates the swim. Perhaps that’s all there’s to it. Probably not, though.
    they say I did something bad, then why’s it feel so good?

@[Clarie]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Make your mark upon the world; leilan, any - by Leilan - 11-12-2020, 04:29 PM