• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  but your sweet sinless sensation is not my style
    how do you fall in love
    harder than a bullet could hit you
    how do we fall apart
    faster than a hairpin trigger
    She is less surprised this time when the images flood her mind, and she is not as resistant as she had been at first. It was still an alien feeling, though, to have images from another's memory flash inside of her mind. They seem to push away her own memories, briefly erasing all else, until all she can see are the pieces of Aela's life that she has chosen to offer. “I see,” she says, slowly, once the memories have come to a stop. Her dark eyes flick across the other girl’s face appreciatively, adding with an inquisitive tilt of her head, “So, you can’t talk? At all?” Radiance wonders what she herself would have done in such a situation. Honestly, it seemed like the perfect excuse to avoid everyone. Conversations were still not her strong suit; she lost interest quickly, and was still so young that she felt there wasn't much for her to weigh in on.

The fact that she was even still standing here with Aela was a miracle in its own right.

“Aela,” she repeats the name that had been said in the memories, a question lingering in her eyes, making sure she had understood the message correctly, and then she says, “My name is Radiance.”

So distracted by the conversation she was that she did not notice the colt until he appeared, seemingly suddenly, from the darkness. Without even thinking she draws a curtain of shadows around her, swallowing the bright white and glistening gold of her skin until she has all but disappeared.

She realizes quickly that he is not a threat, and the shadows are whisked away, perhaps a little too exuberant, with an irritable expression flashing across her face. “While we're asking questions, why are you sneaking around the forest?” The words feel sharp even on her own tongue, but her pulse has already begun to slow, and her face softens just slightly. “She can't talk,”  she says as she gestures towards the pale colored girl, adding with a crooked tilt of her lips, “or, she won't talk. I'm not sure which one it is yet, exactly.”
    radiance

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but your sweet sinless sensation is not my style - by Radiance - 11-30-2020, 12:05 AM