• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I’m frozen in motion; Rosey
    Taiga’s woods are slow to burn and slow to recover, and every time I move through this part of the forest, I’m glad my family has been safe from it. That’s not strictly true - not mentally, no, but physically so, and that’s a least something. Rosey and Oren have been born after the burning and thankfully Lilli tried not to burden them with her lingering doubts about me. It’s occurred to me how often she doesn’t join in when I visit, and though I tell myself it’s because I bring a welcome break from managing and raising two children, deep down I think I know differently. That of course doesn’t hold me back from pulling a small prank on her every now or then, or from taking Oren out to see a waterfall or watching over Rosey when she gets lost in thought - and starts to wander around in a wholly different way than her brother.

I scurry through the night like a heavy-scaled squirrel, the forest’s undergrowth giving way to my ice-covered legs when I break through. It’s the only thing that gives away my passing, because I’ve shrouded myself with darkness. That’s the downside of being king instead of just a territory leader - before, I could do as I pleased in Taiga and Nerine, now, wherever I go I set some sort of example. It’s comparable to being a parent, but then maybe I’m the parent of all Northlings, and the weird uncle to the rest of Beqanna’s inhabitants.

Sometimes I just want to visit the one, you know?

The dark shadow that announces me (for those who know what to look for) moves forward, until I reach the girl I’m looking for. No doubt her twin has distracted their mother again, asking for the millionth time for one of her stories. It keeps them occupied late into the night, but sometimes they collapse so tiredly that the dark and silver girl gets more or less forgotten.

Those are the times when I watch out for her. Mostly she sleeps through it though, but perhaps tonight I’m lucky enough to talk with her. Because sometimes, even a king needs a break, and return to normalcy.
    my head tells me to stop - but my heart goes

@[Roselin] some messy starter, hope it works
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 11-12-2020, 04:04 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 11-13-2020, 06:02 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 12-08-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 12-11-2020, 09:36 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 12-23-2020, 04:38 AM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 01-01-2021, 07:09 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 01-14-2021, 12:27 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 01-15-2021, 11:20 AM